Hey Y'ALL!
Can you believe it is February 2012? I am seriously stunned how quickly time goes by and all that happens in between me wondering where it went. We are currently "planted" in Nichols, New York and enjoying this placement. We are living off the interstate which has brought "normal" things into reach.
Allyson and Andrea are doing gymnastics on Saturday mornings and loving it! It is funny to watch Allyson because, well, she is so darn tall and stiff! Flexibility is something she is working on. Andrea loves it and it comes a little more natural to her. She "shows off" a little too much to Allyson and WHAMO! sibling rivalry is here!
Brady is doing basketball through a church program called UPWARD. It has been so wonderful to see him interact with other 5th and 6th grade boys. I seriously have to hold myself together sometimes, just enjoying him laughing and talking with them. Better yet, with his dad NOT coaching him, I know it sounds bad....but he is excelling at basketball. He gets more and more confident with every game. He plays Saturday afternoons which we believe was a gift....if it would've been Saturday mornings, we couldn't have done it.
Katelyn is almost 3 years old and she is well aware of it. She will hold up 3 fingers and say, "I'm going to be this many." Her voice is so adorable and squeaky. You know the feeling, me and Nath just want her to stay this age. She is fully potty trained and has been for a long time now. We are still addicted to the nuker and I mean WE. She is very angry that her parents won't put her in gymnastics....don't ask her about it! :)
Nath is always looking for a new job...usually in the Midwest. :) God has not provided it yet. We are willing to wait on Him and the guidance we need from him. Recently, we found these verses and have turned them into our TRIP verse. :) Jeremiah 29:12-14
"In those days, when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. "I will be found by you," says the Lord. "I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land."
There it is. Written in HIS truth. He will bring me home again. I love God. I love his mighty hands and his gentle love. I love His promises. I feel safe with him. I know he brought us here and I will not give up on doing HIS work while I am here.
Homeschooling is the greatest challenge I have faced on this trip. Oh yeah, and keeping my spirits high. That has been difficult, too. I am rarely by myself and long for that peace and quiet. I also miss my husband and the privacy that a marriage needs sometimes.
I thank you for your continued prayers and support. If you need to get a hold of me, my email addy is emnaterosenthal@gmail.com
Love to all!
Em
No comments:
Post a Comment