Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recap of Wednesday, April 27th

Good Morning!
Yesterday I actually got my butt moving and made it to SAMmy's!  I love SAMmy's because I go connect with God through scripture and have some good ol' girl time.  I have been struggling with not wanting to be around people because quite honestly I don't want to talk about "it."  You know, all the stuff I am living through, being away from my hubby, the troubles the kids are facing that they never have before.  I just don't want everyone asking, "How are you doing?" all the time.  So, I overcame the desire to hibernate and left the house!  It was rewarding with talk of David and his pride.  We read through 1 Chronicles Chapter 21.  Here is what struck me, sometimes what we do isn't necessarily WRONG...but the reason we do them IS.  Another key point was, "what is in our hearts is what comes out of our mouth."  HMMMMMM.  Lately my mouth has not been so well kept.  I've have been overwhelmed with emotion, some of them I have not felt for a long time and blurt out words I don't normally say.  Well, the little people I live with have ears bigger than Dumbo.  They have decided to test out these words on me and worse, other people.  HEART CHECK!  Emily, how can we better release our emotions?  Maybe some alone time with the Savior, the Healer, the King?  I think so.  Lesson learned.  Now, to teach the children.  I confessed to the Lord my imperfections and begged for forgiveness.  I do this through my personal journal to Him that I started since Nathan left.  Next, I read my journal entry to my kids.  Brady and Allyson were brought to tears.  They understood how terrible I felt and I asked them for forgiveness, too.  I hope that this open and honest relationship will continue to bloom into adulthood, which quite honestly doesn't feel that far away.
That was a big portion of my day.  Of my mind anyway.  The rest of the day I did the normal mom stuff.  Keeping a tight evening schedule, where we have free time, chore time, supper time, homework and bed preparation.  Last night we had Sweet & Sour Chicken for supper which is one of my favorites...which is good because I was the only one to eat it!  Oh well!  A girl has to try, right? 
Bed time was delayed with the news we have been waiting for.  My good friend Angel had a baby girl at 7:12 p.m.!!!!!  REJOICE!!!!  We have been praying for Grace to arrive for approximately 2 weeks.  Katelyn would fold her hands and say to God, "And thank you for Angel, her baby come out!"  We would all smile, laugh and cheer!  SO last night we celebrated God's amazing timing! Congratulations, Angel & Cam!  We love you guys!
To top off the evening I began to feel a heavy chest cold coming on.  By the time I made it into my bed, when I swallowed it felt like little razor blades were going down the back of my throat.  PRAYER REQUEST:  Please pray for health and healing in my body.  Thank you!  Talk to you tomorrow!  Love you!
Emily

2 comments:

  1. Rosenthals: I love our God! I love your blog! I love your honesty! I love you! I always pray for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! I just realized there were "comments" on here! :)

    ReplyDelete