Hey Everyone!
Good Morning to you. Did you see it? The big wedding? Me neither. Although Brady, Allyson and I did catch "the kiss" on NBC before they left on the bus this morning. It was nothing spectacular, but I did give a brief overview to my kids of the Queen of England and the Prince and now the Princess. They were fascinated! ;)
So yesterday I did feel like a wimpy mom. I wanted to retreat to my room and hide from my work, my authority and anything else that may beckon me. I, of course, did not. Duty calls and doesn't wait. It was a typical day of laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, taking kids to school, laying Kate down for a nap, picking kids up from school, feeding them and to top it off dance lessons and homework. By the time dance, homework and supper were done I was longing for my husband. I didn't even care if he was just sitting in a recliner in front of the TV. Just some calm in the chaos...he always provided that. His authority is different than mine to our children and yesterday I just wanted him to hold the reigns. SO, I called him. No answer. BOO, I thought and kept folding my laundry. One happy highlight of today is that Kate wore pink underpants all day long and went potty on the toilet! She was very proud as were all of us!! Everyone went to bed and was sleeping by 8:30ish and I retreated to my bible.
So I am following a reading plan that my church gave to us...although I am not on the same track as everyone else...mine is hit or miss...I am probably 2 months behind. That's not stopping me from finishing it though. So last night the assignment was Job 38. I read through it and was floored at the authority God was speaking over Job. He was truthful, direct, and well, powerful!!! After reading it I NEEDED to know what on earth Job had done or why he was questioning God. SO, I went to the beginning of Job, read through Chapter 1 and found out SATAN played a role in Job's life (as in all of ours). Job was an eloquent man of God, according to God himself, "There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." Satan challenged the Lord that Job feared God for nothing because God had so well provided and taken care of him. So God allowed Satan to take everything Job had, but Satan was instructed not to lay a finger on Job himself. Have you read this story??? It is amazing, go read it!!! Next, Satan destroys Job's entire life. The oxen, the donkeys, the sheep, the servants, the camels, and even his sons and daughters were all taken from him and all in a short time. Here was Job's reaction (Job 1: 21-22): "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing."
Let's take some time and reflect. So, Job lost things dear to him, he lost his life as he knew it. And not once did he BLAME God for it. He gives and takes away. Praise to God for more lessons learned. This story will stay with me every moment of my life. I LOVE God's timing and his teachings. I hope you don't mind me sharing my revelations....it is therapuetic! Love you,
Emmy
No comments:
Post a Comment