Sunday, May 1, 2011

My favorite day of the week, Sunday.

Hi Everyone.
So I am not going to lie to you.  Friday is a complete blur now, I can't remember any of it.  Okay, maybe the part where the kids and I were trying to watch Yogi Bear and it kept skipping.  But we lived through it and had an enjoyable evening.  We didn't really talk to Nathan because he fell asleep on the couch...
On Saturday I finally tackled the dreaded office where I pile everything to "go through later."  Yesterday was LATER.  I went through desk drawers, files, piles under tables, piles on tables and by the time 8:00 pm rolled around I really wanted some peaceful alone time.  You know, a precious hot bubble bath with candles and NO KIDS!  Actually, I was thinking more like a girlfriends night out for supper.  I need to plan one of those soon! Today I am 3/4 of the way done with the office with full intentions to wrap it up before 8:00 tonight.  I also need to grocery shop and I may call Brittany next door so I can go alone.  The dog ran away again and I am seriously considering finding a nice place for her to live.  It is just one more thing to tolerate AND it drives me crazy when the neighbors call...I feel well, embarrassed. 
I wanted to share with you what happened to me today at church.  My children have had a really rough year at school with friends...friends picking on them, leaving them out, blah blah blah.  This has kept me up in the middle of the night, being upset, blaming others, wondering why other moms contribute OR don't contribute in the children's behavior/friendships.  I have really built up anger towards some of the moms.  I mean, my child's feelings are getting hurt and quite honestly so are mine.  During the end of church we were worshipping and we were singing the song, Oh! How He Loves Us, and I was singing my heart out.  For the first time in a long time at church I was sitting by myself.  As I was singing I felt convicted that this had affected me.  I didn't come to church to sit with others.  I came to sit with God.  And so I did, I stood with God and sang and praised and worshipped HIM.  As I was singing I broke down.  He loves me, I am not alone AND neither are my children!  EVER!  They are never alone!  They may feel alone, just as I had a few moments before.....BUT I wasn't and neither are they.  What a relief!  This isn't news to me, I have always known God is with me.  But to put it into perspective with my children's situations (that has been tearing me up) it was relief.  Thank you, God, for being with my, no YOUR, children always.  Thank you for borrowing them to me.  I hope I can teach them all the things you teach me. 
I hope you all have a great Sunday!  Love you,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment